Do you have a passion for learning? Do you enjoy stimulating conversations?
Are you interested in meeting new people?
KIPMI BOOK CLUB
Benefits of a Book Club include:
- You will read (and learn) more
- You will build social connections
- You will engage in conversations that exchange ideas
- You will earn professional development units (PDUs)
The Chapter Board is excited to offer this program to our membership. We hope you will join us!
Attending a Book Club event is also an excellent opportunity to meet with and get to know Chapter members and guests. The club will meet once a quarter for 90 minutes. You can earn a total of 2 PDUs, one for reading the book and one for participating in the discussion. At this time the event will be virtual, but we hope there will be an opportunity in the future for us to meet in person, if desired.
If you have any questions regarding the book club or would like to recommend a book please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November Book Club - Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
November 17, 2021 - 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Join us in November for a lively conversation about change, how the rational mind and emotional mind compete for control, and what we can do about it in order to get the outcomes we seek. Join authors Chip Heath and Dan Heath in a compelling, story-driven narrative, Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard.
In this book you’ll see how everyday people—employees and managers, parents and nurses—have united both minds and, as a result, achieved dramatic results:
- The lowly medical interns who managed to defeat an entrenched, decades-old medical practice that was endangering patients.
- The home-organizing guru who developed a simple technique for overcoming the dread of housekeeping.
- The manager who transformed a lackadaisical customer-support team into service zealots by removinga standard tool of customer service
Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard can be purchased from Amazon or check out your local library to borrow it!